By the end of this workshop delegates will understand and have experience of using the different What-If Analysis tools that Excel provides. The workshop will also revisit some supporting tools that help when using What-If Analysis.
Delegates should have experience of using Excel to an intermediate level; being familiar with basic function formula (=SUM, =AVERAGE) and range names.
- What do we mean by What-If Analysis?
- Relative vs Absolute Cell Referencing
- Creating a data series
- Conditional Formatting
- Setting a ‘Target’ Cell
- Identifying ‘Changing Cells’
- Installing Solver
- Adding Constraints
- Creating a Solver Reports
- Adding & Editing Scenarios
- Create a Summary Sheet
- Using range names
- Creating Charts from a Scenario
Solver & Scenarios:
- Creating a scenario from different Solver constraints
- One-variable input table
- Two-variable input table
- Conditional formatting & data tables
Download a Course Outline in PDF Format
If you’re unable to attend a workshop, try these brief tutorial videos: